For our client, a modern Dutch ship-owning company of sophisticated stainless steel chemical tankers and small LPG tankers, we are looking for a FINANCE OFFICER
We are looking for a Finance Officer to assist in the daily finance operations and to help improving the financial processes and procedures of our company and elevate the finance function to the next level.
Our ideal candidate has experience with all daily activities within a financial department with international activities and has an interest in improving, optimizing and automating the daily routines.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist in daily finance operations; AR/AP/GL, Taxes and Budgeting & Reporting
- Assist in periodical closing and preparing the Annual Report (Dutch GAAP and IFRS)
- Analysis of financial figures
- Describing and improving AO/IC
- Assist to improve and optimize usage of the recently implemented financial system (Shipnet)
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance/Accounting
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in the shipping industry
- Good knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and regulations, including IFRS
- Affinity with IT
- Experience in using ERP software, preferably Shipnet
- Advanced MS office skills, especially MS Excel
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in Dutch and English
- Hands-on and no 9 to 5 mentality
NOTE: Only candidates eligible to work and live in the EU will be considered for this role.