Our client, a modern Dutch ship-owning company based near the port of Rotterdam, is looking for a (financial) CONTROLLER.
We are looking for a hands-on controller to shape and implement structures required for the effective planning and control of the (financial) business processes, with a view to guarantee integral (quantitative and qualitative) and optimum business operations. The controller reports to the CFO.
Our ideal candidate has experience with all daily activities within a financial department with international activities and has an interest in improving, optimizing and automating the daily routines.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead the periodical closing and consolidation
- Draw up and implement budgets and sub-budgets
- Analysis of financial figures
- Describing and improving AO/IC
- Prepare Annual Reports both consolidated and single company (Dutch GAAP and IFRS)
- Assist when necessary in daily finance operations; AR/AP/GL and Taxes
- Improve and optimize usage of the recently implemented financial system (Shipnet)
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance/Accounting
- Experience and knowledge Shipnet software considered a massive plus
- 10 - 12 years of relevant experience, preferably in the shipping industry
- Good knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and regulations, including IFRS
- Strong affinity with IT
- Experience in using ERP software
- Advanced MS office skills, especially MS Excel
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in Dutch and English
- Hands-on and no 9 to 5 mentality
NOTE: Only candidates eligible to work and live in the EU will be considered for this role.