For our client, a reputable design & engineering company of mobile offshore units and equipment, we are looking for a HR BUSINESS PARTNER to reinforce the team.
As HR Business Partner you will work in partnership with the business to provide specialist support for key internal clients across multiple sites. Your knowledge of manufacturing / engineering together with your ability to develop eﬀective working relationships, influence and coach the senior management team will act as a strong foundation in this role to be able to deliver best practice and share responsibility for the goals and targets delivery. With the support of the Corporate’s Centres of Excellence you will identify and prepare plans for key employees and high potential employees, rotating best talents across different functions in the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Contribute and execute the Human Resources strategy;
• Deliver an active contribution to the development and implementation of the strategic HR policy, procedures and solutions that support the business results;
• Deliver an active contribution by participating in Corporate HR Projects and implementing changes, facilitate and deliver training and information sessions as required on HR related topics;
• Use professional insight to identify people related opportunities, priorities and potential risks with business leaders and managers; provide meaningful people related KPI’s (or metrics) to managers;
• Proactively work in partnership with business leaders and managers to ensure that the business is professionally resourced with the correct numbers, quality, competencies and types of workers needed to achieve current and future business objectives;
• Train, coach and guide business leaders and managers in the development of working practices, working environment and culture which enables and encourages workers to use their discretionary effort and passion to benefit the business;
• Manage the roll out and follow up of regular employee engagement initiatives for own area of the business;
• Consult, advise business leaders and managers in effectively identifying and developing talent, motivating and encouraging high performers, medium performers and where appropriate, poor performers;
• Experienced in dealing with Works counsel, preparing and presenting request for advice/ request for consent;
• Plan, develop and facilitate required training activities (internally as well as externally), and perform evaluation (cost/benefit);
• Where appropriate, work in conjunction with OD to engage with business leaders and managers to conduct a detailed training and learning needs analysis with their area in the short, medium and long term;
• Give accurate and appropriate advice (seeking appropriate specialist advice where necessary), training and support to managers to resolve ER issues such as grievances and disciplines (where appropriate take the lead in investigating and resolving ER issues in accordance with company policy);
• Monitor absenteeism and in conjunction with managers take pro-active action to ensure absence levels remain within company standards. Take required actions to prevent absenteeism;
• Where appropriate, work with OD to support a change ready culture by anticipating barriers and obstacles to change and working to remove them; take the lead in planning and implementing simple OD interventions and change programmes to assist managers in achieving their business goals;
• Train, support and coach business leaders and managers in adopting effective exit processes (e.g. redundancy) emphasising legal parameters and the requirement to work within them and the stated values of the organisation.
• Advise on restructure and redundancies;
• Promote feedback mechanisms for employees and managers to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes; Actively support a culture of continuous improvement within the HR department;
• Network with colleagues internally and communities of practice externally to understand current trends an innovations in HR good practice;
• Travel between sites will be involved, sometimes it will involve overnight stays.
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resources;
• Minimum working experience of 5 years in a comparable job as HR;
• Business Partner within an international environment;
• Knowledge on Dutch Labor Law and Collective labor agreement (Metalelektro/ Metaal en Techniek);
• Working knowledge of a manufacturing and engineering environment;
• Working knowledge with Trade Unions;
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
• Working knowledge of HCM (Oracle);
• Language skills fluent Dutch and English (verbal and written skills)
• Excellent remuneration and fringe benefits;
• A young and dynamic environment with plenty of room for experiments;
• Special attention for tailor-made personal development and study.
Are you interested and could you handle this job???
If you have any questions about this vacancy, or just being curious, please do not hesitate to contact us. Even if you think that you do not quite fit for this vacancy.
We are looking forward to your application!
NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work and live in the European Union (EU) and/or have an EU-passport will be considered for this role !!!