Our client, an international consultancy company that provides services for offshore projects like windfarms and oil and gas developments, is looking for a PROJECT HSE OFFICER
Roles and Responsibilities:
The project HSE Officer provides HSE presence during projects, including project meetings and project execution on (vessel) sites. The project HSE Officer provide HSE advise and support to Project Managers and teams. During the projects, he/she is responsible to ensure HSE policies and standards, company and client objectives and relevant laws, regulations and codes are implemented during our project operations. This role requires a proactive mentality as the Project HSE Officer interacts with several stakeholders within the organisation of both the company and its clients.
- Act as a focal point for project and vessel HSE requirements;
- Represent the company and promote the HSE image when dealing with clients, external parties and other parties as necessary;
- Provide support to Project Managers, Site Managers and Vessel Technical superintendents with regards to HSE issues;
- Ensure all activities are identified, assessed and that control measures and systems are in place. Create Task Risk Assessments and HIRA’s;
- Ensure all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism in accordance with the company Integrated Management System and project specific documentation;
- Advise Clients and sub-contractors on company HSE policies and procedures;
- Conduct project/vessel audits and inspections as appropriate to ensure compliance with company HSE standards and corrective actions are implemented;
- Monitor and track client and third-party audit findings and actions as required;
- Drive incident Reporting, Investigations, Reviews and follow up actions;
- Conduct QHSSE Inductions of new project employees;
- Provide reports on HSE project performance, like Incidents, Near Misses and HOC’s;
- Involved in production and delivery of HSE Campaigns;
- Develop and review (Q)HSE plans prior to project execution;
- Develop and review bridging documentation between various parties as necessary.
- MBO / HBO Safety management or Risk management;
- >5 years of relevant experience in offshore related industry;
- Knowledge of management systems such as ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISM;
- NEBOSH certificate (or equivalent);
- IOSH Managing Safely;
- Excellent English speaking and writing.
NOTE: Only candidates eligible to work and live in the EU will be considered for this role.