For our client, an EPC contractor which operates worldwide, we are looking for a QHSE ENGINEER / MEDIC (offshore)
Do you want to be part of the team on board one of the vessels and work as a QHSE engineer / Medic for offshore installation activities? Then you should read further!
As a QHSE engineer / Medic you implement and manage the operations of the company Quality, Health, Safety and Environment system on board on of the vessels. The vessels sail internationally and are constantly operational. Therefore you are flexible and reachable when needed.
As a QHSE engineer / Medic you:
• ensure that QHSE is approached and monitored according to company standards;
• implement the safety system and provide further support via inspections, monitoring and active QHSE management;
• follow up the necessary paperwork and documentation related to incidents;
• are reporting to the QHSE-S manager;
• are responsible for maintaining the sick bay and associated first aid equipment, further you establish and maintain medical stock;
• shall provide for first aid assistance for all those resident on-board / onsite, and should be able to resuscitate and stabilize a patient prior evacuation;
• carry out safety inductions;
• carry out daily inspections in the food preparation areas and galley;
• promote awareness of waste segregation, prevention of spills, energy and emission to air.
You need the following qualifications to be a QHSE engineer / Medic:
• hold a bachelor’s degree and preferably have relevant offshore experience, preferable combined with other QHSE related experience in marine constructions;
• have a proven record (+5 years) in the field of QHSE with the relevant certified qualifications;
• have a NEBOSH certificate;
• relevant experience as a military medic, nurse or trained paramedic;
• HSE Offshore Medic certificate (or willing to obtain the certificate);
• have excellent communication, auditing and reporting skills;
• are analytical and are able to work accurately;
• have experience in working with a planning and reporting regime/system for a complex project;
• can express yourself fluently in spoken and written English, Dutch is an advantage;
NOTE: Only candidates eligible to work and live in the EU will be considered for this role.