For our client we are looking for a (senior) ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER.
“MAKING THE FUTURE OF OFFSHORE ENERGY TOGETHER”
What is your challenge for the future? Do you want to play a part in the energy transition with purposeful, novel solutions? Then join the team.
If you believe that outstanding results are achieved by working together, the Company gives room to your ideas. Make the most of your ability to think creatively, allowing to come up with game changing solutions and create a lasting impact for clients, ourselves, and the world. Join striving to power a better world. Make your challenge your job and discover the power of teamwork as an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.
Pioneering is in our client’s DNA. Exploring new and unchartered technological fields. Devising solutions that are not obvious. Off the beaten path, taking the lead in new developments and technology.
Based on advanced technology, they are constantly channelling their energy into staying a step ahead of the market's demands. They cannot just sit back and rest on their laurels. In a rapidly changing world, they must remain alert and innovative. As merely keeping up with changes would mean falling behind on new developments. And that's where you fit in. We are looking for innovative forward-looking and ambitious people like you. If you are someone who works smart, looks ahead or thinks big, come and meet us.
We are looking for people who think out of the box; engineers, but also talented people from other disciplines, who want to think about solutions for the future. Who want to contribute to sustainable energy technologies.
Our client is an organization of more than 200 professionals with ambition, commitment and extensive knowledge of various fields in the offshore sector. Being part of a major global player makes them a very credible and reliable business partner. The company culture is one in which openness, common sense, appreciation and engagement are self-evident and where people treat each other with respect. Our client stimulates initiatives and innovations.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will utilize your technical knowledge and professional experience to support the delivery of the Company’s product to their customers. Acting under the guidance of technical project management (an Engineer has delegated TPM responsibilities), the role requires technical solutions and detail designing of products throughout all phases of a project lifecycle from proposals to completion (including site installation and commissioning). A clear understanding of the commercial implications of engineering decision making, attention to detail, ability to lead and work effectively with other team members, a keen focus on delivery and the ability to turn fast paced, client-driven requirements into profitable solutions are all critical to success in this role. You will support engineers as you work to complete deliverables for the purpose of quoting, designing, manufacturing, and satisfying customer requirements, acting as the focal point for technical matters on specific projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to projects as a team member, mainly by design and engineering, analysis and verification;
- Responsible for the design, engineering and technical coordination of the assigned work Scope (systems, equipment, package) in line with applicable rules, regulations, classifications, standards and Quality Assurance procedures;
- Review and technical coordination of third party supplied documentation;
- Define and maintain the interfaces of the assigned work scope;
- Develop best practices, work methods, standards for continuous improvement
- Ensure all deliverables are technically in accordance with system requirements;
- Attend internal design review meetings, being aware of commercial implications.
- Able to design, engineer and set up an AC distribution system;
- Able to verify the distribution design by means of power studies (harmonics analysis, voltage drop, arc flash, load flow, power swings, protection and coordination);
- Detailed specifications for electrical distribution equipment;
- Attend/ witness FAT’s for switchgear, motor control centers etc.;
- Able to design, engineer and set- up Drive Systems;
- Able to verify the distribution design by means of power studies (harmonics analysis, load flow);
- Optimise the drive train system components (transformers, filters, rectifiers, inverters, motors);
- Detailed specifications for drive systems equipment;
- Able to specify the system requirement specification for auxiliary systems (CCTV, AOL, lighting);
- Interface management for secondary systems (HVAC, AOL, sliprings etc);
- Advise on cable routing to mechanical routing engineers.
Skills, training or special knowledge:
- BSC in Electrical engineering
- Good knowledge of the English language in writing and verbal
- MS office
Skilled to use:
- ETAP or SKM Powertools
- Matlab Simpowersystems
• The ability to contribute to the design and the delivery of equipment that will power and shape our future, making an impact in the energy transition;
• A safe and inspiring work environment where your contribution is highly valued, and personal development is key;
• Working in a modern and spacious office and the flexibility to work from home;
• Several social events stimulating our close cooperation;
• Competitive salary and good secondary benefits;
• Personal development opportunities.
Are you interested and could you handle this job??
If you have any questions about this vacancy, or just being curious, please do not hesitate to contact us. Even if you think that you do not quite fit for this vacancy.
Applications (in Dutch or English), should respond specifically to the requirements including curriculum vitae (and preferably a personal motivation letter).
We are looking forward to your application!