For our client, who is a global solutions provider in the offshore oil, gas and renewables industry, we are looking for a (senior) FINANCE CONTROLLER to reinforce the team.
To manage the fleet of vessels, they are build, maintained and repaired worldwide. The senior finance controller faces the challenge of providing the financial overview of the fleet from newbuilding till the end of a vessel’s lifetime.
The ideal controller pursues a financial role with coordinating responsibilities in a technical environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Take responsibility to provide a complete overview of the financial aspects of the fleet.
• Financially prepare the running budgets of the fleet.
• Report with the Vessel Managers the performance of the fleet to the management in our head office in Belgium.
• Analyze and evaluate extra costs and savings during operation by comparing vendors and identify best practices.
• Maintain contacts with subcontractors, suppliers about financial matters.
• Report to higher management and advise them and the technical department in financial matters.
• You have a higher degree (Bachelor of Master) in applied economics, accounting or finance.
• You have experience in cost controlling and financial auditing. Experience in a technical environment is a plus; alternatively, you have a strong technical affinity.
• You have a proven track record in a coordinating role.
• You are fluent in English.
• You are an expert in Excel.
• You are willing to occasionally, and ad hoc, visit the vessels (+/- 10% of your time).
What are your benefits?
• excellent remuneration package including numerous interesting advantages, such as pension and health insurance;
• challenging position with corresponding responsibilities;
• engaging international working environment;
• wide range of career opportunities, personal and professional growth and the possibility to follow courses.
We are looking forward to your application!
NOTE1: Only candidates who are eligible to work and live in the European Union (EU) and/or have an EU-passport will be considered for this role.
NOTE2: If you have not received any feedback within 2 weeks, please assume that your application was not successful for this particular role.