For our client, Kreber BV, a modern company engaged in the design and production of prilling & processing equipment, we are exclusively looking for candidates for an important new key position of the organization for the role of SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER.
Kreber BV, located in Vlaardingen, is a modern company that has specialized in the design, construction, modification and maintenance of machinery for more than a hundred years. It makes its own products, develops products in collaboration with international customers and makes machine parts designed by customers. Management has ambitious but realistic growth plans. For more information, visit the Kreber website: https://www.kreber.nl/
A very interesting job in which you are responsible for the technical project from start to finish, under the coordination of the project manager. No day is the same and your development does not stand still for a moment. You work together with motivated and dynamic colleagues in a modern environment. Kreber is informal, transparent, healthy and ambitious and uses a flat management structure.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
• As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you are an important key position in the engineering department and responsible for the [partial] design of complex installations within a large diversity of projects with attractive international clients;
• You translate customer requirements or functional specifications into technical specifications, which form the basis for the production of process equipment;
• During the commercial process you design the technology and estimate costs for quotations;
• You are able to make an assessment of the project together with the project team;
• You are able to check with simple high level calculations whether assumptions in calculation reports are correct;
• As an experienced engineer you carry out [partial] projects independently:
o This includes carrying out the necessary calculations, checks and analyses with regard to the functionality, manufacturability, assembly, quality assurance and reliability of the design;
o You make design motivations for your new or modified designs;
o You set up specifications for equipment, instruments, drives, motors and other parts;
o You set up specifications with which the control, electrical systems are outsourced;
o You are making 3D basic design and detail drawings;
o You guarantee the quality of your work through organizing interdisciplinary reviews;
o During the realization of the project you ensure that all documentation during and after completion of the project is complete with regard to the construction file, maintenance, adjustment instructions, controls and product specifications;
o You are taking care of administration and technical correspondence with stakeholders;
o All this with a high quality and within the set budgets and planning.
• You are a skilled technical point of contact for the project stakeholders;
• You serve as a source of information in case of technical questions that the less experienced engineers cannot solve;
• You contribute on procedures and working methods in a young and growing engineering department;
• You work with suppliers on complex issues.
In order to successfully fulfil this challenging function, we not only ask for the necessary knowledge and experience, but we also look for certain personal characteristics.
- Education level: bachelor (HTS) degree completed in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent work and thinking level;
- You have several years’ experience in the design of devices and machines;
- Knowledge of MS Office, 3D CAD [Inventor / Vault];
- Knowledge of calculation software [FEM];
- Knowledge of current technical standards and regulations;
- A background in rotating process equipment or machine building is considered an advantage;
- Experience with PFD, P&ID, instrument lists and control narratives is considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Plant 3D is considered an advantage;
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch, in word and writing. OR only English language, but than as native speaking!
- Entrepreneurial attitude, analytical, pragmatic and responsible;
- Problem solving skills, proactive and eager to learn;
- Being flexible and able to keep overview and set priorities;
- Committed to take that important extra step and be able to act as project owner from a technical perspective.
- Good social skills.
- Excellent remuneration and fringe benefits, including a profit sharing;
- A young and dynamic environment with plenty of room for experiments;
- Special attention for tailor-made personal development and study.
Are you interested and could you handle this job???
If you have any questions about this vacancy, or just being curious, please do not hesitate to contact us. Even if you think that you do not quite fit for this vacancy.
We are looking forward to your application!
NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work and live in the European Union (EU) and/or have an EU-passport will be considered for this role !!!