For our client, a leading service provider on the international offshore market, we are looking for a SENIOR NAVAL ARCHITECT
As a Senior Naval Architect you are responsible for the delivery of engineering work scope in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning. Depending on the workload you will lead a small team engineers and designers including supervision of subcontractors. You report to the Project Engineer on progress, setbacks and concerns and signal technical risks and anomalies in projects to your Section Head.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Within the company you can expect to perform a number of different tasks. You will prepare hour estimates, planning, create basis of designs and scope of works and assist in selecting suitable subcontractors. You will act as a senior engineer or lead engineer, interfacing with other disciplines and providing engineering deliverables. You assist in obtaining client and third party approval on the project. You reply to queries from the project team and from yard site team on time. If necessary you perform activities abroad, on site or with a client.
A Senior Naval Architect with broad experience in the offshore industry and good communication and control skills.
• You have a bachelor’s or Master’s degree in naval architecture or offshore engineering
• You have over 8 years of experience in the offshore industry
• You have over 2 years of experience as a Lead engineer
• You have experience with structural, hydrodynamic and hydrostatic analysis
• You have experience with both structural and arrangement design
• You have knowledge of relevant international design codes and class regulations
• You have good understanding of the English language, verbally as well as in writing.
A fulltime, challenging position within an international environment. A gross yearly salary in line with market conditions, including a 13th month and holiday allowance. Furthermore is applicable a non-contributory pension plan and a collective medical insurance.
NOTE1: We can only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in The Netherlands.
NOTE2: If you have not received any feedback within 2 weeks, please assume that your application was not successful for this particular role.